12.27.2004

Resolutions? Maybe!

I try not to make New Year's resolutions. They are too hard to keep and I feel like a dork for not being able to keep them. That said this is what I will attempt to work on ASAP. (in no particular order)

1. I will keep going to the gym four days a week. I have never been able to do this before. I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking with it for 3 months in a row. (3 of those days are at 5 am, thank you very much!)

2. I will pursue only reciprocal relationships. Let me explain. It is exhausting trying to maintain relationships that are completely one-sided. It is all work and no reward.

3. I will try to be more patient in dealing with my children. I love my children unconditionally but I promise to be more patient. When they go through emotional stuff, I will be stronger.

4. By extension, I promise to do more to take care of me and my marriage. This is not to say that anything is wrong with either. It's been a long time since I have had a sincere date night with my beloved or had the kids sleep over someone's house. The last overnight visit was around a year and a half ago when they went to Granny and Pop Pop's house. I don't think that they have the stamina or desire for this anymore.

5. I can't really promise that I won't rant about the current administration. What is going on is wrong and I won't be silent.

6. I promise that my job will not overtake my life. I have made it clear that my family is number one and so far no one has really objected. This is so different than previous teaching gigs. I like holding the cards. It's nice to be appreciated.

Have a great New Year everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

These are great. They're not 52 novels in one year, but they're pretty good. I think I may even benefit from some of them. Are reciprocal relationships anything like wife-swapping?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

LALALA.... I can't hear you....LAALALALA....I am ignoring you...LALALA....I'm not listening!

7:55 AM  
Blogger eRobin said...

1, 3 and 4 and ones I'd like to adopt as well. As Bart Simpson said - I can't promise to try, but I'll try to try.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Dr. Bloor said...

these are great. if you can nail any one of them consistently over the next year, you'll be living a happier, more fulfilling life than about 99% of the rest of us. i'm just trying to avoid spontaneous combustion in 2005.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home